Go Back   Idaho Diesel Power > Diesel Talk and Other Topics > Diesel Topics

Old 06-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Modded

Default Mud Flaps

Well I guess I have to put mudflaps on my new truck. I'm gonna try and see if some stock ones will fit, but I highly doubt it. I got pulled over twice now in 3 days because I didn't have them and I got a 'written warning' from the state police that gives me 5 days to get some installed and then mail it back to him. I don't think I would of had any problems, but I don't have plates on it yet and you can't see the temp through the tinted rear window. Anyways, Other than stock what would you guys recommend? I really like the look without them, but if I HAVE to what would you guys suggest? I'm thinking maybe some easy removable ones like my old truck had so I can take them on and off when I feel lucky lol.

BTW I just bought an 06 duramax with 8" Lift about 3 weeks ago. I'll be sure to get some pictures of it and posted up here soon.
-2 JL Audio Subs
-2 JL Audio Amps
-Alpine Double-din with Nav/back-up camera/Sirius
Old 06-05-2012, 11:47 AM
RADIOFLYER

If you want easy removable ones, do rock tamers like mine. And congrats on your 3rd diesel in 3 years. Haha

****SENT WHILE DEMOLISHING THE WORK TOILET****
Old 06-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Diesel Guru

Air Force

State patrol is the reason I put fender flares on my truck. I got pulled over and told my tires stuck out (they did) and my rear bumper was too highso I needed flaps. I just went with the flares and said screw it on the flaps. No problems for me yet......

Go onto DuramaxForum and do a search for mud flaps. Many people have asked the same question. There are lots of pictures of lots of different brands, so you can get an idea of what to look at.

Personally I wouldn't do the cheapo stick on $25 style. I would probably go with something like these, although I don't know if you would have rubbing issues since you're running 37s. Of course if money is a factor in the decision, the $25 work well enough to keep you from getting tickets.:
http://proflaps.com/chevy.php

4" Turbo back exhaust by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EGR blocked
6" lift with 35" Toyo M/Ts
Old 06-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Modded

I found some kick-back flaps by Action that I think would work good for me. Of course they are $125, but I guess that's better than getting tickets...
-2 JL Audio Subs
-2 JL Audio Amps
-Alpine Double-din with Nav/back-up camera/Sirius
Old 06-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Gearhead

I'm making my own with angle iron and some square stock. Ordered some 18x20 flaps online for $35 shipped. Not removable but I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to modify the design to have removable pins. I'll post pics once I get them mounted if anyone is interested.